.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 19, 2007

 

Comet, Moon and Venus, Saturday Jan 20th

A view of the western horizon on Saturday January 20th about half an hour after sunset (click to enlarge). The very thin crescent Moon is just below Venus, off to the south-west is comet P1 McNaught. This will look fantastic. Comet McNaught is just getting just getting better and better. It's getting dimmer, but higher in the sky so it is easier to see, and an amazing tail. Sunday night the crescent Moon will be higher (as will the comet) and this should be just as beautiful.

Raining cats and dogs here at the moment. I'll post some more images tomorrow.

Labels:


Comments:
I wish I could have seen the comet, which must have been an amazing sight, but I'm looking forward to seeing Venus near the moon tomorrow. I just blogged on this topic today at http://windowseat.travelocity.com/.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?