.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 18, 2008

 

Getting Ready for the Run.

I now have my T-Shirt, and I am ready to run.

As I have mentioned before, I am entering the City to Bay fun run. This year, ratcheting things up a notch, I'm going to run a whole 6 kilometres (Whoooo!!!).

Yeah, 6 kilometres. I used to run marathons 20 years ago, now 6 kilometres is a big deal. Still, besides having fun and getting marginally fitter, this year I thought I would do some good, so I've signed up to be an everyday hero. I'm raising money for the Brain Foundation, good folks who have funded my research and support community programmes and preventative work for brain disease and brain injury. I have personally seen the lives touched by these folks (no, not my research), so if you have a bit of spare cash please visit my fund raising website at Everyday Heros.

Of course, I have been training, and my family have bought me hhi-teck running shorts, but I have come down with a cold or something, so my training schedule is shot. Looks like I will still be wheezing and choughing to the end.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?