.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

 

Venus Campaign 2009

I finally got my first telescopic image of Venus for 2009. I've been making animations of the phases of Venus for a few years now. This year Venus is in a favourable alignment, and I have my new webcam (a Philips ToUCam), so I'm trying again.

Of course, this means getting up at 5:30 in the morning on successive mornings for a few months, so it can be a bit of a pain. Still, the morning sky is lovely at the moment, so it's worthwhile.

I used my old 4" scope for the imaging. Why? Because the drive motor of Don, the 8" scope, prevents it from going down close to the horizon.
Here's an image of the crescent Moon, to go with crescent Venus.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?